Tomorrow being Monday, I doubt I will be posting SO this post will be my official birthday post, though it is one day early. How old you ask? Tomorrow is the big five-oh. Yep 50 freaking years old. When I opened the card from my family on Friday and saw the large word Fifty on the card, I think that was the first real time it all actually “set in” for me.
No I am not whining I will be 50. No I do not feel any closer to death that a day earlier. I have none of the baggage like in reaching the milestone of 50. But, STILL, in my opinion that is a big milestone for me and anyone else. Next “aging” milestone will be 60 so that is quite a ways off.
I did have an interesting surreal moment, actually moments this weekend. I have caught (I guess in my mind’s eye) experience (people, cars, etc) moving in a bit of a blur. Ya know like catching time speeding up further. I noticed this on Friday and Saturday. It was like the usual effect in movies/tv when they are trying to express the sudden acceleration of time. It was quite interesting. I look fwd to noticing it today and tomorrow, hopefully.
“So Kevin, after almost fifty years of life on this earth, what would you share with someone who asked?”
I guess several things, though they will lack eloquence and artful writing…
* I think we spend way too much time on the temporal things instead of the more important eternal matters.
* A friend is someone that is THERE and PRESENT of their own volition. Anything else is a paid acquaintance at best.
* Too often fondness is incorrectly called love.
* We must plan and proactively engage in what needs to be done in order to have the life we want to experience.
* Peace requires a lot of preparation and hard work…..and often common sense.
* Much of life is vanity.
* Our thinking affects our health, perspective and our experiences.
* Healthy eating is something one owes themselves. and their loved-ones.
* Integrity is something we must work hard to achieve and keep.
* One’s imagination can and usually will produce far more horrible experiences than that one will actually experience so try to shift one’s focus.
* A personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ and God, the Father is worth far more than any other relationship one can have on this earth.
* Do your very best to not grieve the Holy Spirit.
* The most important book one can read and re-read and apply to their life is the Holy Bible; particularly the KJV.
* One needs to be engaged in healthy hobbies in order to have a balanced life.
* A true friend can be a precious gift.
* Life will be full of hard choices, seek the wisdom of God and then act in faith.
* Speak kindly to yourself in your mind. Harmful words damage your being and spirit.
* Every family has some dysfunction that needs to be delicately managed.
* Read “good” books each week.
* Travel is good for your life and awareness.
* Be kind because everyone is going through trials and hard things.
* A smile is a powerful gift and a good hug even more so.
* Don’t go to bed angry.
* Don’t get tangled with “stuff” and getting more and more of it.
* Don’t compare oneself with another human being. No good will come of it.
* Work hard to be content.
* Civility is a badge of honor.
* Set timed goals for oneself so that you can grow and develop.
* Marriage is a commitment, hard work and well worth it.
* Work hard to be the very best you can be for others and for your own self.
I am surpised so many things actually came to mind just now. That took less than 10 minutes to put in writing.
Read the document being peddled in the USA and possibly elsewhere.
If you have noticed recent Iran comments following the conference which expressed dismay at WH actions and statements it is because of the shenanigans of the chief empty suit and his cronies.
The document is NOT agreed to. It makes the statement using verbal gymnastics in the opening paragraph buried near the end of the paragraph: “Important implementation details are still subject to negotiation, and nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.”
Translated: nothing is actually agreed to
What the WH is attempting to do is quiet Congress, Netanyahu/Israel and conservative media/news reporting agencies by supposedly giving everyone what the WH (wink, wink) is trying to get Iran to agree to. Remember the WH (remember those promises of transparency from Mr. Change himself) has again not been forthcoming as to what was the goals he was trying (wink, wink) to get Iran to agree to. *eyes rolling*
Now with Iran STILL not budging (no surprise) he is having to do this in hope of stopping the pressure from REALISTS to increase sanctions against Iran.
Funny thing is what we now have is the document that will reveal how many more infamous “red-lines” will end up being crossed by unfriendlies (understatement on my part) when at the end of June (really early July) when low and behold either no agreement is agreed to again or their is an agreement and it is bent over backwards to Iran’s desires.