AP article today:
Amid the constant story lines that the economy is recovering is the unreported story of depitalism. And now again a story bubbles to the top pointing to the driver behind any gains (however small) that are actual is buying on credit. See when the economy started falling I had wrote that what was going on was the idea of households living within their means. They were taking rebates and other shenanigans and either saving it or paying off debt. But with a society that’s entertainment industry is funded by MARKETING to the audience (a.k.a. consumer) stuff they don’t have and often stuff that they don’t need, it was only a matter of time than the belt was gonna snap under the pressure. (Heck of a monkey on there back day in and day out!)
Wait for it, soon another so called bubble is gonna bop and then all the market correction and contrived rhetoric will go into spin.
The government who so desperately wants to be everyone’s parent (i.e. dependent on them) has well taught everyone that living beyond your means is okay as well as the antiquated idea of generations past use of a tool called a budget. Why would the dependents be expected to do something that the leadership of our country can’t do?
“The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.” ~ Cicero, 55 BC
- I find it interesting and telling just how the black/African-American population and MSM don’t lift up Cosby as a role model and guru for their people. Instead of the Jay-Z, Sharpton, and hundreds of hip-hop/music celebrities, why not Bill Cosby? Undoubtedly it has to do with his message that is often contrary to the poor advice, position and opinions of the black-celebrity majority. It seems to me he will get a headline reference once a year on a conservative website. I do not know if I would agree with all of his views but the ones that have made it to my awareness.
- Hopefully the courts will side with the Fox reporter and put an end to the abuse of power by the law enforcement and government. It’s clear her source was accurate and she reported responsibly which is what a reporter is supposed to do. Seems to me that her source should be viewed as a whistle-blower and they need to be protected.
- Apparently a lot of the reduction in personal debt in the average USA citizen’s household has been erased and the old practices depitalism are back with a vengeance.
A lot of things have been going on in personal life which has kept me from posting here like I want to. I have quite a bit of articles and news in my folder as things to share which are somewhat old news now. At the bottom of the post are links to articles of interest I wanted to share and still do.
The developments in Egypt seem to be improving. Why do I write that? Because the leader of the MB has been arrested as well as many of the high level leaders. Some were captured dressed like women trying to leave the country. I’m sure others hid among children and women using them as human shields being the cowards and immoral troublemakers they are. Saudi Arabia stood up for the people of Egypt in the nick of time and got the idiots in our government and other WH cronies in Europe to shut up with their pro-MB rhetoric. Absolute idiots – all of them. Of course blood has been shed – that is what happens when you try to disarm and remove power from murderers and terrorists. I think the nation is fortunate that so far the death toll is not higher than it is.
Syria and more evidence of current chemical weapons. I doubt Assad did it or put another way – that he authorized such use. Hopefully he will give investigators full access and the whole story will come out. I suspect it will be the actions of radicals – Islamists – also known as terrorists trying to bring intervention of the world in to the arena to remove him from power so that they can hopefully fill the vacuum when the dust settles (see recent history in Egypt and Libya).
So quickly here in the USA the NSA’s intrusion in our lives with the full power and knowledge of the Democrat WH has become old news and back burnered (if even on the stove). The actions by the UK against Greenwald’s partner shows the heart of those we are suppose to actually trust. The loser president of the US pontificating a couple weeks ago of real independent investigation into the NSA practices has been revealed to be —– wait for it ——– yet another ——— L I E. It is a team of four people, one a recent acting head of the CIA and 3 former WH advisers. Meanwhile in the USA the majority of people are tuning into some show Duck Dynasty. Absolutely no wonder we got what we have in leadership positions in our governments.
Big dive coming in the US economy. Never rely on the government numbers. They are skewed – they admit they are if you are willing to read the details and fine print. To understand the state of the economy you must look at the actual numbers of the companies/manufacturers/etc. It is obvious when looking at sales and profits things are off. When welfare hand outs are at their highest levels ever – don’t “drink the kool-aid” and look around.
On a less serious note I see that a huge blunder has been made by Warner Brothers.
Here are the articles:
I read an article over CNBC that referenced the US economy is acting like a zombie economy or at best a sleepwalking one.
Why aren’t the talking heads and so-called experts thinking things through?
1. We know that the great drive of the economy in the past consisted of at least high consumer debt and confidence (depitalism).
2. Today there is very little confidence and the debt has come to roost.
This has resulted in consumers having to pay down debt and —- here is the good news —– make better spending choices. Ultimately this is good for the country but we are still in the taking the medicine phase which the medicine usually tastes horrible. The businesses, government and financial industry have to wake up and find the new normal and act from there. MSM and all the news makers need to quit comparing THIS economy to the past SO THAT CONFIDENCE can increase. We don’t want an economy supported by lies, high debt and worthless paper; what we want and DESPERATELY NEED is an economy based on fiscal responsibility (consumer and governments) and real value/worth.
2 cents on various recent headlines/stories:
1. CES & the illegal residents move: was completely about getting Hispanic votes in the next Nov. election and was done in an unconstitutional way (just like CESCare). Don’t be surprised if this ends up at the Supreme Court as well. Of course the other motive is to hopefully position those people who expect our government to follow the constitution and demand an appeal as anti-Hispanic, bigots etc. Just like we don’t care about those who don’t have health care which is also a farce.
These two issues are good examples of why some people point out that the CES is anti-America, socialist, ashamed of America — etc. In these two instances (it can be argued there are other examples but for the time being I limit to these two) he has ignored the constitution and did what HE thinks is right because HE KNOWS BETTER than the group of white men a couple hundred years ago whom allowed slavery to continue. Obviously HE is more enlightened than they are. CES – is a cancer in our government, economy and society. He is destroying the very system (the constitution) that holds our nation together. What other word would you call him but cancer? Well actually their are many other words but in this illustration cancer is the one I am thinking of.
2. Greece/Egypt presidential votes today:
Egypt: What is going on now is the constant deck reshuffling until a hand is given that can be played successfully that will no longer be an ally to Israel. While the decks shuffle over and over more and more Bedouin and terrorist missile attacks are fired into southern Israel from Egypt. What these people are wanting is an escalation in activity and harsh retaliation from Israel – and yes – Arab loss of lives so that the people of Egypt will foam at the mouth with hate against Israel and expect their government to side with Arabs and not with Jews.Catalysts to this strategy is far right Islam and the Muslim Brotherhood — these two groups are one in the same. It is going to get much worse on the south border of Israel.
Greece: is a wildcard in my opinion. The so called right parties which are promising to drop the Euro and austerity measures if they get elected can and should expect some serious arm twisting from the members and leadership of the EU and USA if they are indeed elected. IF they are elected the eyes will immediately refocus and look to Spain, Italy & Portugal to see if there is an increase in bank activities – people withdrawing their savings etc. If that happens TPTB here in America and the stock market may start selling stock figuring a downturn is coming which of course will create a downturn in and of itself. Like I explained to my wife last night – it is again about perception. TPTB and the stock market see what they determine as a negative reaction in these other countries (not to mention in Greece itself) the thinking goes that these people — consumers — will go into pocketbook pinch mode which translates into no or much less purchasing of products which impacts to some significant degree the US mfg exports (less demand) so US mfg react (correctly) with decreases in production which leads to more off-time for employees and if it is not a very short term event, then it will result in layoffs etc. ALL occurring in a US economy that is not in good place such that even the most miniscule decrease of production and exports will create large ripples across the economy. The economy is moving so slow that you can apply the brakes to it via the Fred Flintstone method. The possible silver lining in all this is that it is believe if the economy slows further or even dips again – even in the slightest of ways – that CES will then lose the next presidential election. The truth of the matter is that he should lose the next election anyway, the freaking socialist.
3. It is not just the US that had embraced depitalism as the behavior in the majority of households. It is something that has permeated the EU and Japan. China at the moment is repeating the mistakes of the US during the industrial age but making those mistakes in a communist government that greatly reduces the liberty of the citizens. The Frankenstein creature they are creating over there will be interesting and scary if we ever learn and understand all the details about it. Mexico, South America, India and Africa are so poor and overtly corrupt that they are pinned in. There are of course other countries like Australia and Russia but I understand little if anything about what is really going in there. So that makes my focus on the US, EU, the Middle East and Japan. For the US, EU and Japan depitalism is the average households’ method of livelihood and finally people/consumers are realizing how debilitating debt is. Much change still will occur as households and companies find their new norm. In the US we will continue to see very slow and poor economic results each month until some systemic changes/improvements occurs in our economic infrastructure and it is in my opinion that those improvements will not occur if CES continues into a second term. In fact we will see things get much worse here.
Below is something I found on confinedspace.com
The person who uploaded did not record the source.
Ladies and gentlemen the image below and comments are EXACTLY what I said was happening in the USA and I will say it again – it is a GOOD THING. Depitalism is bad for the households. What is going on in our economy now is we are finding “a new normal”.