In today’s NYT is an article about Sec. of State Clinton’s meeting with Egypt’s President and head of the military.
In the middle of the article are these two sentences (emphasis added):
“The generals, who seized power last year after the ouster of the strongman Hosni Mubarak, have repeatedly rebuffed American pressure. The new president, Mr. Morsi, and the other leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood still harbor deep doubts about Washington’s agenda and have repeatedly surprised American officials in Washington with the accelerating pace of their moves to take power.“
A not-so startling admission or analysis of or about the CES’ administration.
Really – how could they be surprised?
1. Is the administration isolated and insulated from the news and commentary going in the world?
2. Does the administration have an uneducated and unwise understanding of the methods and motivations of the different ethnic and religious ideologies involved in the Middle East?
3. Does the administration have a bias that views the events unfolding in the world and especially in the Middle East with a Muslim understanding that is skewed with far-left liberal philosophical and political beliefs?
4. (Similar to #2) Is the administration’s “think tanks” uneducated as well as unwise about the people and groups involved in the Middle East?
5. Is the administration feigning surprise when actually the activity of groups like the MB are progressing exactly as the administration expected and wanted?
My point being either the administration is inept or things are progressing as planned and in either case the best interest of our country and its allies are not being met.